Tuesday, May 1, 2007

a fieldtrip - getting to know your country as a starters





Now that summer has come I have made it my mission to get to know my country a bit better, broughten my horizon a bit and go places I haven't been before - and starting with the nearby cities seem a comfortable goal. So 2 weekends ago we packed our bags, bought a coffee and bread afterwhich we literally jumped a train and left for Helsingør. Not quite an exotic city but very relaxing and nice. The week after we did the exact thing (even bought the coffee and the bread the same place - some much for broadening our horizons) and went to Odense, the place where H.C. Andersen was born. We somehow managed to make time for a nap on a bench both weekends, it is not that we are that old though but nothing beats a 20 minuts powernap in the sun. Nevertheless, it is a relief to come back to good old Copenhagen at night and end up sitting in the couch watching late night films. As the Danish saying goes: ude godt hjemme bedst (something like "being other places is nice but at home is best")

1 comment:

Dex Dexter said...

Well said! Especially when home is Copenhagen! I love my city ;o)